Programme - flanders tour - from 29 march to 01 APRIL 2012
Welcome to the Romantic Flanders, the seductive northern region of Belgium!
Here, cities of art dot the flat landscape of green, shining like stars : each one of them, big or small, will generously give you their own historical and artistic riches of Flanders, the art, history, culture, nature, fun, food , great facilities, waterfront and all that belongs to the so-called "art of living".
Bruges, the capital of West Flanders, is an important political and commercial center of northern Europe.
Completely preserved in its original appearance, Bruges can be discovered via a boat tour, by foot or by carriage. The Markt with its splendid guild houses, frequent concerts by the imposing carillon of 47 bells of Belfort, the ancient Burg square, the Museum Gruuthuse with its great masterpieces of the Flemish Primitives, and the museum of porcelain and diamonds .
Thursday 29th March
- Arrive Charleroi Airport via a budget airlne
- Transfer to Bruges and our pre-booked hotel;
- Afternoon ride aroun Bruges.
Froday 30th March
- Morning ride in the direction of Ostenda.
Saturday 31st March
- RONDE VAN VLAANDEREN : Meeting point in the Bruges Market Square for the long route (259 km), staggered start from 7:00 - 8:30 ; ( an alternative route will be offered in case of bad weather ).
- Return to the hotel
Sunday 1st April
- 96th FLANDERS TOUR - Professional race
- Meeting point in the Bruges Market Square in order to see the start of the 96th Flanders Tour, starting time is 9:45; bus transfer along the route of the race, stops at the principal climbs challenged by the riders.
- Transfer to Charleroi Airport , evening arrival in Italy
- ACCOMODATION: overnight stay, breakfast + 3 x meals
- DURATION: 4 days– 3 nights
- PERIOD: from 29 March - 01 April ‘12
- € 690,00 per person in double room
- € 160,00 supplement for single room
- 3 nights in a 3 Star Hotel, breakfast, + 3 x meals ;
- Airport transfer : airport - hotel - airport (including bike) ;
- Transfer from the race to the the hotel
- Xevents staff assistance in the hotel and along the race course
- Xevents feed stations along race course
- Drinks, and any extras not mentioned in the inclusions lost above ;
- Low cost airline ticket* ;
- Cost of transporting bike on airline ;
- Optional tours and excursion ;
- Race registration
- NOTE:* Low cost flights can be booked direct with Xevents from Venice or other airports.
- The earlier you book the less you pay!
- 1 day prior to departure bikes must be delivered to either the Treviso or Verona collection points.